Thursday, March 4, 2010

Blenda's Pollo Asada

Over-used Recipes Swap

This is my first time to link so I hope that it works....this is a family favorite!!  This recipe is actually mine alone!! I created this from the lack of $$ and wanting to go to our favorite Mexican restaurant where we love the Pollo Asada. Everyone that I fix this for raves about it!! I have even been told that it is BETTER than the restaurants :)

I also am a Rachael Ray type cook...I measure in the palmof my hand....probably using more seasonings than I have listed for you.



Blenda's Pollo Asada ~ Chicken


4-6 Chicken Breasts
3 cups Minute Rice
3 cups chicken stock
1 can Rotel
1 bunch fresh Cilantro
2 ctn White Cheese Dip*

Seasonings:

1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic pwdr
1 tsp cavander's
1 tsp cumin pwdr
1 tsp cumin seed

Season chicken breasts generously with all seasonings, grill, bake, or sear until chicken is done and tender. Prepare rice with chicken stock, adding all of the same seasonings to the water as it boils. When water starts to boil, add rice, remove from heat and add Rotel. Add lid to pan, let rest until all moisture and liquid has absorbed. Serve chicken as whole breasts or slice into strips, serve over the rice, top with cheese dip and chopped cilantro.

** You can make your own white cheese dip with white american cheese and chopped jalapeno peppers.  I have used the mexican melting cheese and also used leftover white cheese dip from our favorite mexican restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment